Friday, May 11, 2012

Last One!

My commentary towards Burley's Gov't Topics :

"I feel the same way as you. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. It's such a disappointment because we all know that Texas is ranked 2nd highest out of 50 states for overall birthrate and 50 out of 50 states for lowest of non-elderly women with insurance. The facts are so disturbing because our state has so many people. We need as much help as we can. 

When I was younger I had insurance until my mother got laid off. I had to rely on medicaid. Everything they provided and assisted with was great. When I turned 18 years old, I could no longer be eligible. They only provide for 18 years and younger. I'm living with no insurance and I am diagnosed with hypothyroidism. One of the services that Planned Parenthood Clinics provides for, are thyroid screenings. If anything were to happen... I could depend on them to help me because there is nothing else.

My point is, there's A LOT of people out there that needs all the things that Planned Parenthood Clinics provides. How can something that was put there to help many people be taken away? It's mind boggling to me, it really is."


No comments:

Post a Comment